WHO IS TRAVELLLING CHI?
I'm just a random guy, who lives in Toronto, Canada, with a regular 9 to 5 gig and loves to travel. My job doesn't involve travel, so all my trips are made on my time and of course, my dime too.
SO CHI, WHAT'S YOUR CLAIM TO FAME?
You mean just waking up everyday, doesn't count?
Well, so far all I can lay claim to is this. I've managed to drive a Nissan Altima from Toronto, Canada, to every State, Province and Territory in North America, except for the Arctic Canadian Territory of Nunavut, which has no land links to the rest of North America.
HEY CHI, YOU SPELLED YOUR NAME WRONG!
I know! When I started on Instagram 2+ years ago, the correct spelling of my name wasn't available. So I decided to add one more "L" to it , and that's the story, my friends.
Kids, DO NOT use this spelling in school! It's wrong!
Chi, do you have any fun facts about yourself? Of course! I'm a moving fun fact, my friends.
1. I've never been south of the Equator.
2. I love the cold, so much so that I DO NOT own a winter jacket.
3. I've never eaten at an A&W, Taco Bell or eaten oatmeal.
4. I generally have no love for SUVs.
5. I probably am ELLEN's biggest fan.
WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT YOUR SITE THAT I SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO IT?
You mean my incredibly awesome hair isn't reason enough for you? Seriously though, my rather unique adventures, mostly by road, should keep your interested.
1. A lot of folks would love to do a road trip, but very few have enough time to do a weeks long or even, month long one. My "specialty" of doing long distance trips over pretty short times, should encourage more people to make the leap.
2. A great majority of my trips are done solo. Many would be travellers are afraid or too nervous to venture off alone. I'll try to show you that the only thing keeping you back is your mind.
3. You don't always need an SUV or some brand new car. Some bucket list lifetime road trips (eg. driving the nearly 1000 km / 600 mile, 100% gravel Dempster Highway across the Canadian Arctic Circle and on to the Arctic Ocean), cannot be done in a rental car (DRIVING FORCE RENTALS in Whitehorse, Yukon is the only one I know that allows their cars on that road). I've criss crossed Canada and The USA in 4 different Nissan Altima sedans, and did just fine. I even drove around Iceland during its winter in a Volkswagen Golf.
WHY DID YOU START THIS SITE?
That's easy. During my trips, I've taken thousands of pictures and had lots of amazing and absolutely unbelievable experiences. A bunch of friends and even strangers (who are now friends), have urged me to share this stuff with a lot more people, instead of just my small circle of friends. Late last year I posted a story on a travel group's site that I'm a member of , and the response I got to that was incredible. It was then I decided to seriously look into sharing my craziness with more folks!
HOW FREQUENTLY DO YOU PLAN TO
POST NEW BLOGS?
The plan is to publish two new blogs, every week. Hopefully on Wednesday and Saturdays.
Soooooooo, if you don't want to miss them, subscribe!
HEY CHI, YOU SPELLED TRAVELLLING WRONG!
Haha, good one! There's a simple reason for that. When I started on Instagram about two years ago, the correct spelling was already taken. So I decided on a whim to add one more 'L' to mine and Ta Da! . . .TraveLLLingchi!
DO YOU HAVE ANY BUCKET LIST DESTINATIONS OR EXPERIENCES THAT YOU'LL LOVE TO ACCOMPLISH?
1. I'd love to drive south from Toronto, Canada through The USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile and finally to the southernmost city in the world, Ushuaia, Argentina!
2. The Arctic Circle passes through 8 countries. I would like to visit all 8 Arctic Circle Centres. I've done two already; USA's and Canada's.
3. Set foot on the 7th Continent, Antartica and while there cross the more difficult Antartica Circle.